Coffin’s Grove Stagecoach House and Coffins Grove Cemetery
3 miles west of Manchester on Old Stagecoach Road. Early home and stagecoach stop established in the 1850’s. Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975. Now a private residence.
Delaware County Courthouse
Along Main Street in downtown Manchester. Built in 1896 and features a bell clock tower and steeple. On the National Register of Historic Places since 1981 and remodeled in the 1990’s, it continues to house the county’s district court and other offices.
Little Red School House
On County Road D13, 5 miles north of Manchester. Built in 1915. Picnic area, fireplaces, playground. Open May through September by appointment.
Delaware County Historical Society Museum
Lenox College Campus
A complex of 9 buildings including library, dormitory,
chapel, Old Main, gym, railroad depot, farm machinery,
museum, and one room school house.
Open June through September, 1:00p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Tuesday through Sunday.
Bay Settlement Church and Monument
Located southwest of Delhi. Early church in the area and believed to be the site of the first Civil War Memorial and service held following the war. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.
Dighton Round Barn
Located at 3342 120th Ave., south of Ryan and just north of Coggon. Completed in 1917, the round barn found its place on the National Register of Historic Places in 2005.
Also, known as the Wheat House, 120 E. Union Street, Manchester. This private residence is a classic example of Italianate architecture and is in a historic neighborhood of older homes which date back to the 1870’s. Added to the national Register of Historic Places in 1976.
SS Peter & Paul Church
On October 24, 1906,SS Peter & Paul Church became the first consecrated church in the state of Iowa. Feel free and stop by to do a self guided tour of this beautiful church!
McGee Brick School House
Coffins Grove Township, intersection of Candle Road and County Road W69, west of Manchester. Built in 1868 to replace a wooden school that burned. Placed on National Register of Historic Places in 1999.
Eiverson/Love Log Cabin
Denton Park, across from Regional Medical Center, Manchester. Manchester’s first home, built in 1850, relocated from the MacIntosh Woods. Restored in 1996.
Manchester Public Library
304 N. Franklin Street, Manchester. Historic library remodeled to maintain character. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.