Iowa’s Largest Umpire
A former Happy Chef statue was converted into Iowa’s, if not the world’s, largest umpire. He watches over a ball diamond in Ryan. His chef hat was switched out for a cap and mask. His spoon is now a thumb, emphatically, and perpetually, calling all of us “Out!”
Budweiser Clydesdale Statue
Home to the first Budweiser Clydesdales
In 1878, Holbert Horse Importing Company was established in the Delaware County town of Greeley and quickly garnered an international reputation for horse selling and breeding. The last man to work for the company was R.M. “Bob” Brady, whose sons are honored on the community’s welcome sign. Walt and Don became famous as horse handlers and drivers for the Budweiser Clydesdale Hitch. In addition to the sign, the Brady brothers are honored with a life-size replica of a Clydesdale horse.
Ruth Suckow Memorabilia
The Earlville Library was renamed for this local author in 1964. A park was also established in her name in Earlville at the site of her former home.
McCreery Monument & Memorial Gardens
Erected through the efforts of the Delhi Woman’s Club,old friends and neighbors, was dedicated Memorial Day, May 30, 1929, located at the northwest corner of Delhi. John McCreery was noted for his famous poem & published the former Delaware County Journal newspaper.
A bronze tablet on the boulder bears the following inscription:
John Lucky McCreery 1835-1906
The stone chimney of one of the county’s earliest settlers, Charles W. Hobbs, remains standing as a landmark of the first habitation in that locality. Built approximately 1841.